Monday 13 February 2012

Fun is good - Dr Seuss

Choo Choo Chicks 


Most Sundays, at 2pm slt, if I am in world, I can be found at Hamilton County Virtual School at a vintage train station by the luggage trollies. However I am not taking  a class, nor am I going on a journey. I am grooving to the Choo Choo Chicks. 




Unusually in SL the Choo Choo Chicks are a group. The three "chicks" perform live from Red Lotus Records in Chattanooga, Tennessee.  They each have great individual voices but when they harmonize it is even more wonderful. They essentially sing jazz and blues but their song list includes music from The Andrews Sisters to Aretha Franklin and all sorts in between. Can't beat some Diana Krall followed by Etta James and Nat King Cole, all sung in The Choo Chicks own style. The guitar and bass backing provides the rhythm and the songs vary from sublime to upbeat and back again. 





There is no dress code but I am always transported to a time long before I was born. It has a dance hall feel no matter what decade the music is from. 






The setting cannot be praised enough. It is stunning and unusual and not too laggy. Add in the fun atmosphere, the chatter (in southern accents!) and the delightful welcome from Ima the hostess and I can always guarantee I will finish my Sunday evening with a smile. 








A special mention to the mesh dress I am wearing from ColdLogic. It is a valentine freebie from the subscriber and it comes with a fade to black layer to disguise  invisible thighs when you sit down or move. It passed the Sandy boogie test and even a dip from Robby my dance partner. Honestly, I am a little bit in love with this beautifully designed dress.


For more info:


Choo Choo Chicks Video

1 comment:

  1. Great article,Sandy,you are awesome! We hope to see you and all Chicks fans every Sunday for more Tennessee hospitality.
    - Ima

    ReplyDelete